Ensuring that a company has a substantial digital presence should be a top priority in any marketing strategy. As consumers turn more to the internet and search engines for entertainment, socialization and business recommendations, a company that ignores the importance of effectively using digital channels to reach potential leads will not survive. If your company is looking to increase its exposure and gain more leads, here are 8 things you should understand about your digital presence:
- To understand where to go with digital marketing, you must understand where you are. Do you have a website? Do you have social media accounts? Be sure that your brand and company message is identical from place to place with the same contact information, description of services, logo, color scheme, photos and story of your company.
- Your website is the foundation of your digital presence and a 24/7 employee for your business. Your company must have a website at which potential leads can learn about how your company got started, what services it offers, and why it’s superior to its competitors. Your website design should look modern and professional, have fast loading speed, be responsive and mobile-friendly, easy to navigate and contain regularly updated, quality content.
- What are you using to assess your marketing strategy? Data provided by website audit tools and analytics can teach you about your website and social media management and should be used as an essential marketing resource. This information can tell you what’s working, what isn’t delivering results and how to proceed to achieve your future goals for brand awareness, traffic and conversion.
- It is important to understand who your audience is when planning your digital strategy. If your company sells software services, an audience comprised of mostly 18 to 24 year-olds will not greatly increase your client base. You must decide the parameters of your target audience and tailor your strategy to attract that specific subset of the population.
- If you aren’t regularly adding quality content to your website and updating your social media accounts, you are losing potential leads. Those following your social media accounts will quickly unfollow you if there is a lack of informative, entertaining content that is related to your business.
- Not every company should have a profile on every social media outlet available. The manpower needed to properly execute an engaging social media profile is extensive, especially to be effective on Twitter. You must understand which social media platforms your audience are using and choose only as many profiles as can be successfully maintained.
- Your online reputation is an important piece of your digital presence. With more people turning to smart phones and tablets to search and do business, eight out of ten people use online reviews as personal recommendations (Search Engine Land). Tools are available that let you know when your brand is being mentioned online and allow you to respond to negative and positive reviews in a timely manner.
- Unless you have a proven background or time to manage a successful digital presence, it’s wise to hire a digital marketing agency to do the work for you. Today, consumers are skeptical of companies that do not deliver a well-rounded online brand and, thus, place their business with a technologically-savvy competitor.
Don’t lose business because your digital presence is ineffective or nonexistent. A digital marketing agency can assess your current digital presence and create a custom strategy to help your business succeed online. Contact the CyberInk team today by calling (814) 878-1915 and discover how we can help your company harness the power of the digital world.
As the Director of Creative and Digital Operations at CyberInk, Karen oversees the daily operations of the digital team, including project management, digital marketing and creative services. During her 10+ years experience in design and marketing, Karen has managed the development and deployment of multiple digital products.